Hey Fashion Lurkers,
Today I want to share with you ways to improve your look by dressing like you are a socialite.
What is a socialite?
- A person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activity.
- Example: Angela Simmons
1) Hair Game Proper
- Ladies, please make sure your hair is on point. Whether you are rocking a weave or natural, your hair should always look good.
- Come up with a signature hair style like Amber Rose. Find a hair style that fits you best and run with it.
2) Flawless Face
- Your face should be flawless. Take care of your skin by drinking plenty of water and exfoliating 3 times a week. Go to your local drug store and buy the proper products for your face.
- If you have acne, please go to the dermatologist and get your face treated by professionals.
- You Tube is the tutorial Bible, so use it!
- Find a foundation that looks like you have nothing on your face. You don't want your make-up to look like a mask.
- And always remember to Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize!
3) Upgrade Your Wardrobe
- Introduce more classic pieces to your wardrobe.
- Make sure you have a balance of basic and statement pieces in your closet.
- Don't be afraid to splurge on quality accessories like handbags. Find a great everyday genuine leather bag.
- Become trendy and be a trend setter. Do your research on looks for the season and make them your own.
- Remember- You don't have to break the bank to be stylish. Please stay in your budget.
4) Shoe Check
- Shoes set the tone for your overall look. So make sure you have some basic black pumps and an array of trendy shoes as well.
- Popular Shoes 2013:
- Ankle strap heels
- Pointy toe pumps
- Single-Sole pumps
- Wedge Sneakers
- Spiked Shoes (flats/heels)
- Loafers & Smoking Slippers
- Basketball shoes
- Splurge on a designer shoe. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars on designer. Go to Nordstrom Rack and get designers like Jimmy Choo, Valentino, and Manolo Blahnik for a fraction of the cost.
5) Entourage & Become Social
- Lastly, get a group of your friends to join you in your journey of looking like a socialite. Make sure your friends are just as equally stylish but have their own look.
- Get involved with events in your city and take lots of pictures.
- But overall, have fun & be yourself.