WEAVE AND EXTENSION TIPS
· Ladies make sure the weave or extensions that you buy match your natural hair texture and color (when you are blending your hair in with the weave).
· Expensive hair does not equal good quality-REMEMBER
· Make sure the hair products you use on your weave are for the hair type. For example, for synthetic hair you should use synthetic hair shampoo or wig products.
· ALWAYS, read the care instructions on your weave or extensions and follow the directions.
· REMEMBER- Color treated weave or extension tend to nap up/tangle quicker then black or brown weave/extensions.
· Hair brands that are good for your friends may NOT be good for you!
· If you are applying blonde hair or any other light colored hair, DO NOT USE BLACK GLUE. Use the 30 sec. gold bonding glue.
· When applying a closure for a Quick Weave, make sure the tracks are NOT visible. And make sure you are only applying enough glue to hold closure down so the glue won’t bleed through.
· YOUTUBE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR APPLYING WEAVE TOUTURIALS AND ADDITIONAL HAIR TIPS.
· When applying a weave, to avoid tracks from showing at the top, place tracks close together at the top of your head. Space the back track further apart so you will have enough hair for the top of your head.
· If you are short in height (5ft.-5
), DO NOT wear weave/extensions that are 20in. and up in length. This is too long for you and makes you look even shorter (like a little person). ft. 6in
· REMEMBER- Brush your weave/extensions from the ends 1st, then brush the top. You don’t want to pull your tracks out.
· When using bonding glue or other adhesives, use the removers or use oil sheen, grease, or Vaseline to help glue soften up and become loose. This is so your tracks will slide out and you will not pull out your hair.
· DO NOT put oil sheen or grease in your weave/extensions; this makes it heavy, stringy, and tangled. ONLY use Oil-Less Oil Sheen if you want shine.
APPROVED BY KIMORA & S.DOT